- Materials available stainless steel and galvanized, and hardware in corrosion resistant stainless steel or Zinc plated materials
- Adaptable to any existing or new floating roof tank rim arrangement .
- Compatible with stored product, including 100 % aromatics and MTBE.
- "In service installation"
- No welding or flame cutting
- Ground shunts, as per API 2003
- Proven comprehensive custom designs
- Simple installation and ease of future maintenance
- Achieves and Maintains satisfactory emission controls.
- On time delivery
- Tight fitting minimum gap seals
- Allows for "common" mounting hardware for all seals and rim mounted foam dams
- Failure free durable designs
- Accommodates accidental overfilling without special attention
Wide choice of design options to meet a variety of applications, and special cases:
- Welded or riveted tanks
- Rim mounted foam dams
- Roof positioners
- Horizontal or vertical attachment
- External or covered floating roof tanks
- Designs to fit through 24" dia manholes
- Guide Bars / Bazookas
- Foam Ports.
- Minimize freeboard.
- Wax Scrapers
- Inconsistent rim gap
- Shell buckles
Mechanical Shoe Seals
Mechanical Shoe Seals comprise a metallic sealing ring, which is held in permanent contact with the tank shell and extends into the product by a system of independent hanger and pusher mechanisms, and with a continuous sealing apron curtain closing the gap between the rim and the top of the “Shoe”. The product VAPOURs are contained between the “shoe “, apron curtain and the floating roof.
"CHANNEL HANGER" & "COMPRESSION SHOE"
SIGNIFICANT COMMON FEATURES
- Custom designed for ease of installation, And cost minimization
- Failure free durable design
- Provides a positive VAPOUR sealing medium
- SCAQMD, BAAQMD and EPA accepted
- Independent hanger and pusher devices
- Available on CFRT & EFRT
- In service installation – no hot work required
- All top deck installation
- No welding or flame cutting
- Meets or exceeds all code requirements
- Compatible with stored products
- Cost effective compliance to air quality standards and rim seal emissions
- Conform tightly to shell plate contours
- Available in a variety of materials
Metallic….stainless steel, galvanized steel or zinc plated materials
Fabric……chosen for product compatibility
- Extensive list of apron curtains
- Adaptable to existing rim and shell configuration, including wide variations in rim gap
- Compatible with welded, lapped or riveted tanks
- Grounding shunts per API 2003, as required
The seal is characterized by a shoe-to-shoe slip joint connection, which allows for any variation in the rim space or irregularities between the rim and tank shell, while containing the product VAPOURs.
The seal is characterized by a bolted & gasketed (slotted) shoe-to-shoe connection, which allows for any variation in the rim space or irregularities between the rim and the tank shell, while containing the products VAPOURs.
Mechanical shoe seals comprise of metallic sealing Ring, which is held in permanent contact with the tank shell and extends into the product by a system of independent hanger and pusher mechanisms.
The Channel hanger type assembly successfully maintains a constant seal elevation even with a wide rim space. The innovative design of the hanger assembly allows installation of the complete Mechanical Shoe Seal with the tank remaining "in-service".
The Material used for the Seal Assembly is Galvanized or Stainless Steel. The VAPOUR Barrier fabric is Polymer coated, which is selected on the basis of its compatibility of stored fluid.
Advantages of Mechanical Shoe Seals
- Mechanical Shoe Seals are recommended as the “Best Available Control Technology” for Internal as well as External Floating roof tanks.
- This seal is 100% compatible to any type of products such as Benzene, methanol, toluene, naphtha, MTBE, ETBE or TAME etc.
- Unique Channel hanger mechanism maintains levelness of metallic shoe, eliminating seal gaps
- Accommodates wide variations in rim-space
- Multiple Pusher Plates for uniform pressure of shoe on tank shell
- Compatibility with virtually all stored products
- Compatibility with welded or riveted tank shells
- Available with Secondary Seal Systems
- Available with wax scrapers.
- The Seal Arrangement does not cause any Friction while rubbing against the Shell as frictional ignition at rubbing surfaces depends on relative velocity and pressure at contact points.
- The unique Metallic Channel hanger design enables the transfer of Static Electricity to the tank shell which in turn is protected by a shunt which carries the static energy from the roof to the tank shell.
- Low maintenance cost, long life and economical price.
All rights reserved Sai Tools Pvt. Ltd. ©Copyright 2009