High Tech Fire Fighting System
This system works on a very simple principle wherein a Supply Device and Foam introduction Device is used. The Supply device is a high pressurized vessel in which pressurized Self expanding Foam (SEF) is stored, the Storage/ Supply vessel can be a stationary vessel located in the vicinity but at a safe distance from the hydrocarbon tank, alternatively it can even be moved by mounting it on a truck. The Storage device is connected to the tank through a series of pipes known as the Continuous Linear nozzle (CLN), the CLN accommodates very large foam flow and prevents excessive velocities in the nozzle it provides an ideal curtain like foam application pattern thus providing substantial and continuous cooling of the tank well. The entire system is controlled by a Pneumatic valve.
The SEF concept has no release rate limitations, the highest diameter of tank can be extinguished in a maximum time of 2 minutes.
The advantages of thesystem over a conventional system are
- It requires no manpower resources to operate the system at the scene of the fire.
- Mistakes are unlikely because of its simplicity.
- The foam is mixed under calm and controlled conditions and hence it is
100% consistent and remains homogenous for a period of 10 years.
- It does not require any aspirating device.
- It has unlimited flow range.
- Produces optimum quality foam at all flow rates.
- Requires considerably lower capital investment.
- Requires considerably lower maintenance effort and cost.